Guide to 20ft Standard Shipping Containers.
The 20ft standard container has become ubiquitous in shipping and storage. Its balanced dimensions and durable construction make it versatile and reliable for various applications. Here are the details that make this container a modern marvel in logistics.
Dimensions and Specifications
Key Metrics: Imperial and Metric Units
- Maximum Payload: 62,391 lb or 28,300 kg
- External Dimensions: 20' x 8' x 8'6" or 6.096 x 2.438 x 2.591 m
- Volume: 1,165 cubic feet or 33 m^3
- Door Openings (Width): 7' 8 1/16" or 2.350 m
- Door Openings (Height): 7' 5 1/2" or 2.274 m
- Internal Dimensions (Length): 19' 4 1/8" or 5.896 m
- Internal Dimensions (Width): 7' 8 1/2" or 2.350 m
- Internal Dimensions (Height to Load Line): 7' 10 7/32" or 2.393 m
- Gross Weight: 67,197 lb or 30,480 kg
Understanding the Importance of Dimensions
The dimensions of a 20ft standard container are crucial for effective logistical planning. The payload capacity generally ranges up to 48,000 lbs, depending on the model, making it suitable for various goods.
Features and Benefits
Optimal Space Utilisation
The 20ft container offers a balanced space, making it ideal for various uses, from storing machinery to furniture.
Durability and Weather Resistance
Constructed from high-grade corten steel, these containers are engineered to withstand extreme weather conditions, ensuring your goods' safety.
Security and Customisation
The containers have secure locking systems and can be modified to include additional features like ventilation and windows.
Why a 20ft Standard Container is a Wise Investment
Purchasing a 20ft standard container offers space, durability, and versatility advantages. It is an excellent long-term investment for businesses and individuals alike.
The Flexibility of Hiring
Hiring a 20ft standard container can be cost-effective for short-term needs or specific projects. Our containers are well-maintained and ready for immediate use, allowing you to focus on your project.